Photograph by Dylan McLaughlin
The Studios at MASS MoCA Residency Program
Applications will soon be open for the fall/winter residency season, with a deadline in July. Stay tuned for more information.
We’re now offering special residency opportunities for 10 Massachusetts-based artists for sessions between Nov. 7, 2018 and Dec. 4, 2018. Artists and writers are encouraged to apply for 2-4 week sessions.
Application deadline April 27, 2018.
We provide self-directed residencies of up to 8 weeks for artists and writers. Read below to learn more.
Selected artists receive:
- Private, furnished studio space at MASS MoCA, available 24/7
- Housing (private bedroom/queen bed, shared kitchen, and bath) in newly renovated apartments directly across the street from the museum
- One communal meal per day in the company of fellow artists-in-residence
- MASS MoCA member benefits for the duration of the residency, including free access to the museum’s galleries and discounts on performing arts events and museum store purchases
- Free access to Makers’ Mill (a printmaking and fiber arts makerspace on Main Street in North Adams, offering shared use of two etching presses, a relief press, screen-printing, and book arts equipment, as well as floor looms, sewing machines, small tools, and work tables)
- Optional one-on-one artist-focused financial and business counseling through the Assets for Artists program.
The full-price residency fee is $650/week, but many participants are offered both merit- and need-based financial aid.
For more details on our housing and studios, visit our FAQs.
Questions? Email Krystal Henriquez at email@example.com.
If you want a week-long residency-like experience at MASS MoCA, but with a great instructor to help you reach new heights, and without the angst of a highly competitive application process for a self-directed residency, check out our workshop-in-residence opportunities. They come with all of the benefits of a private 24/7 studio space, private bedroom, and open access to MASS MoCA's galleries, with the added benefit of a workshop-style framework and guidance from professionals in the field. Learn more.
Here’s what artists are saying about their residency experience in the Studios:
Meet Our Residents!
Are you currently an artist-in-residence with the Studios?
Click here to find resources important to you while in town.
Archive: Fall/Winter October 2015 - March 2016
OCTOBER 2016 – MARCH 2017
Federica Di Carlo
Jean Ann Douglass
Milagros Collective, Felici Asteinza & Joey Fillastre
Kwan Taeck Park
Blanche Nettles Powers
Allison Maria Rodriguez
Melissa Vogley Woods
APRIL 2017 – SEPTEMBER 2017
Sasha De Koninck
Ricardo De Lima
Lauren A. Ross
Grace Sachi Troxell
OCTOBER 2017 - MARCH 2018
Jae Na Kwon
Angela Pulido Zorro