It’s that time of year again! Applications are now open for residency sessions between April and September 2018.
We invite artists and writers to apply for residencies up to 8 weeks.
Residents (10 per session) will receive:
- A private studio in attractive space on MASS MoCA’s re-purposed mill campus, with generous natural light, 24-hour studio access, plywood floors, a work table and chair in each studio, and shared slop sinks and bathrooms. (Certain applicants, depending on their projects, will be invited to share a communal studio space at Makers' Mill -- the printmaking and fiber arts studio -- in downtown North Adams, instead of a private studio.)
- Housing across the street from the museum, in newly renovated apartments (private bedroom/Queen bed + shared kitchen and bath). These are lovely apartments, but note that it’s communal living (4 people to an apartment) in an active downtown location -- sensitive sleepers be advised.
- One communal meal per day, in the company of other artists-in-residence.
- MASS MoCA member benefits for the duration of the residency, including free access to the museum’s galleries and discounts on performing arts events and museum store purchases.
- Free access to Makers’ Mill, a printmaking and fiber arts makerspace on Main Street in North Adams (a short walk from the museum), offering shared use of relief press, etching presses, silkscreen and book arts equipment, as well as looms, sewing machines, small tools and work tables.
- Optional one-on-one artist-focused financial and business coaching through the staff of MASS MoCA’s Assets for Artists program (www.assetsforartists.org), helping artists and writers in all disciplines strengthen the business side of their artistic practice.
The full-price residency fee is $650/week, but many participants receive need-based and merit-based financial aid.
The application deadline is January 8, 2018, 11:59pm. No application fee.